Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What a Difference a Month Makes


Since yesterday officially marked one month in this little venture we call marriage, there's no time like today to document my reflections for the sake of my posterity (and the world wide web).

Sure, life has changed slightly during the course of the last four weeks. And while many nuances of married life still elude me, I've experienced a few noteworthy discrepancies from my former single life:

  • I think twice before purchasing boots online (alternately I have them sent to my office).
  • I now purchase flour-based foods.
  • I've become accustomed to sitting on open toilet bowls in the middle of the night.
  • I've learned to field questions regarding my procreation timetable (by deriving tips from the decade spent fielding questions about my marriage timetable).
  • Blockbusters and action films are now part of my Netflix queue.
  • My pillow doesn't get to see me until at least 11 pm.
  • "Not eating" is no longer a viable alternative to grocery shopping.
  • I realize that most of my favorite TV shows are completely ridiculous.
  • Being referred to as "my girlfriend" now annoys me.
Nonetheless, my month internment has been nothing short of bliss. Here's to (at least) one more month.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect description of married life.

    When they ask about future posterity just tell them you're in training and you want to make sure you do it right before it counts.

    ReplyDelete