Wednesday, April 13, 2011

There IS an "I" in Price

While I may have been a blushing bride, a naive one I was not. I knew marriage entailed compromise, sacrifice, understanding and a number of other relationship skills that have eluded me for the past 28 years.

But I like to think I'm a pretty easygoing Mrs. (Again, see post regarding prior living conditions.) I guess it's pretty easy when it comes to RP - the man chuckles when I bring cereal into bed, smiles at my covert shoe purchases and has been known to buy secret symphony and opera tickets.

Nonetheless, my marital contentment has been contaminated by one glaring problem:

My husband won't take me to Disneyland.

Oh, he will deny this claim, but the fact of the matter is that during our two-year relationship, RP and I have been to many a place on land and sea - but the magical kingdom we have not.

So now I ask myself, what did Disneyland do to RP? Is he allergic to churros? Did he once date a red-haired mermaid? Has he been banished from the park by an evil queen on account of his beauty?

These are questions that, as a wife, I am ready to understand. Perhaps I'll even compromise. But for now, I am just a girl, asking a boy .... to take her to Disneyland.

And in case he needs further motivation, I've opted to post photos of my Disney partners through the ages. xoxo, my love.




1 comment:

  1. Umm ... that is an awful picture of me. If I find a different one can I convince you to change it.

    Oh, and it looks like I'm groping Mindy

    ReplyDelete