Monday, April 11, 2011

Prices and Padres (a/k/a Married People Have Friends Too)


RP and I may have joined hearts just over a month ago, but in actuality we left both of ours in San Diego.

Not to say we don't enjoy the Starbucks/gym/Range Rover/tiny dog crowd of Orange County, but there's just something about that Del Mar/Solana Beach/Cardiff/Encinitas stretch that gets right to my core.

So on Saturday, we reunited (and yes, it felt so good) with San Diego and some of our SD friends. Lunch at Lockwood Table in Solana Beach, dinner at Pizza Nova by the Harbor, a double-header (loss) for the Padres and even a quick trip to the Crate & Barrel Outlet for lamps. (I'll never forget my swelling pride when RP said, "well, we could surf again but I'd kind of like to go up to Crate & Barrel with you." Ah, amor.

And to answer your question, yes, it was that cold in San Diego.


1 comment: