Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter is for Lovers

... why else would its mascot be a bunny?

But in seriousness, Easter is the perfect time to enjoy spring, love Jesus, eat ham and determine whether your husband really loves you by picking up on your subtle demands that he make you an Easter basket.

RP and I spent our first wedded holiday in a blissful combination of food, candy, church and.. food. Starting with breakfast -



Since The Bunny has no regard for healthful living, I opened the Easter morning with some decadent cottage cheese-flaxseed-egg white waffles. Topped with sugar-free maple syrup, these bad boys are 200 protein-packed calories of pure goodness (ask RP).


Then RP and I hunted for baskets. Lucky for RP, The Bunny doesn't have the same aversion to sugar as his wife, so his basket was brimming with calorie-laden deliciousness. The Bunny also remembered my favorite things - namely the darkest of dark chocolate, homemaking magazines and weapons to kill any insect that dares cross our threshold. Ah, isn't springtime grand?

He gets so excited he can barely keep his eyes open. It's adorable.

RP in his Easter Tie and me in my Easter Dress, which I bought for my new job (more on that later), without realizing Easter gave me a completely different excuse for purchasing a new dress.


Then, I made a carrot cake. And there is nothing healthy about this - not even the carrots by the time I was done with them.


Off to San Diego we went... to find ham, rolls, sweet potatoes and pretty girls in pretty dresses.


Again, so excited his eyes are nearly closed. RP, like the Bunny, just can't wait til next year.

PRICELESS PRICE-ISM (Easter Edition)

My dear friend Julia hosted Easter dinner this year at her apartment, where RP's ex-girlfriend lived three years ago. Upon pulling onto her street, RP and I had the following conversation:

KR: "There's a spot right here, why don't you park?"
RP: "Oh, I like to park the other direction, so when I leave I can just take right off. I mean, it's always soooooo late when I leave this place."

No comments:

Post a Comment