Sunday, April 17, 2011

Surfboards in the Waves

One night, I dreamed I was surfing with RP
Many waves crashed onto the sand
But as we paddled, I noticed
Not just my surfboard, but RP's steadily beside me.

He paddled slowly, to stay by my side
Farther and farther out our boards reached
But during those times when the waves were strongest
And endeavored to push me back toward the beach
I saw only my own surfboard

When, at last, I reached the break
I cried out in frustration,
"Oh, RP, why, when the waves were the worst
were you not by my side?"

RP smiled his kindest smile and reached for my hand
"Oh, little surfer. When the waves were strongest,
and I was no longer by your side,
It was then that I towed you."

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha.. I haven't a sentimental bone in my body, so even my feelings are expressed via satyre. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can really c RP doing that, next time we surf please have him tow you around!

    ReplyDelete