Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The iMonster

As you might recall, when RP turned the ripe age of 35, I gave him a shiny new toy: the iPad 3. This was for three reasons: 1. I thought he could use it for work. 2. I'm an awesome wife. 3. I wanted an iPad 3.

What I didn't know at the time was that I was creating an iMonster.

Just this weekend, RP's new iPad was the source of many "character-bearing" experiences.  

Take his recent affinity for playing "Family Feud (in church, in bed, at the beach, etc.)." Just yesterday, we had the following conversations:

RP: "Honey! Family Feud is asking for 5 reasons someone wouldn't want to be married to me."

KP: "To you specifically?"

RP: "Well, the player."

KP: "Umm... I feel like I'm being set up."

RP: "No! That's the real question!"

.......

RP: "Ugh."

.......

RP: "I ran out of time. I can't think of any reasons someone wouldn't want to be married to me."

An hour later....

RP: "What are six things a woman would rather be than beautiful?"

KP: "U----"

RP: (Immediately) "Skinny."

RP: "Sexy."

RP: "Rich?"

30 seconds later...

RP: "Oh, 'kind' and 'smart.' I wouldn't have thought of those."

And lest we leave all our fun to Family Feud, I also caught RP using his iPad during church, whilst I led 9 children in coloring pictures of Jesus. So engrossed was he in taking self-portraits via Photobooth that he neglected to notice me filming him:


Thanks again, Steve Jobs.

2 comments: