Monday, May 21, 2012

California (b)Ad-Venture

Call me Snow White, because I have my very own Grumpy on my hands. Or at least I did Saturday, when RP and I visited the happiest place on Earth's illegitimate half-brother, California Adventure.

In truth, RP was a great sport, but if there's one thing that amusement parks have taught this couple this year, it's that we're OLD.

We lasted 3 1/2 hours, one of which was spent entirely waiting in line for a corn dog and then devouring said delicacy.

Lucky for me, our spirits were still high when we made it onto Tower of Terror, my personal favorite. Sadly, our spirits were far too low (and the crowds to heavy, and our feet too sore, and a wife too hungry) to make it on Soarin' Over California, RP's personal favorite.

Sorry RP.

Some of the highlights of the day included:

- Our willingness to wait twice as long for corn dogs as we would for rides
- RP looking glumly at my open camera lens and saying "I'm a 35 year-old man at an amusement park. Do you really need to document it?"
- Getting leather shoes and a leather purse DRENCHED on the river rapids ride (That purse was Sara Berman. I hope you're happy Mr. Disney.).
- Leaving so early there wasn't even anyone to charge us for parking as we exited
- Me quietly stating, "This is fun, but so is Costco. And a Costco pass is only 50 bucks a year."

Guess we're not so adventurous after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment