Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Springing Forward (a/k/a BACK in action)

Forgive me, reader, for I have sinned.

I’ve done nothing but sleep and watch three seasons of Mad Men in the past 10 days.

Give or take.

And that is reason #2 that surgery is awesome.

Reason #1, of course, is the fact that for the first time in 5 weeks, I cannot feel my sciatic nerve, thus enabling me to do #2 without moaning and involuntarily sobbing (except when Don Draper has another self-defining realization).

Last Monday, I had a microdiscectomy/partial laminotomy/epidural steroid injection. To be honest, I’m not entirely sure what they did while I was under, but whatever it was, it was sent from on high. And it meant that finally I scored one against the as-yet undefeated L4-L5 disc.

Sadly, I’m not allowed to bend, lift, or twist my body for 4 weeks, which makes daily activities like cleaning and doing laundry out of the question.

Bummer, I know.

RP has been a wonderful nurse/servant since. He’s grown accustomed to me pointing at things below waist-level and fetching them for me, and on the day of surgery, he even stayed at home to feed me saltines and make sure I had bedside adult supervision. In this case, it was an adult rabbit.
Reason #3 and 4 that surgery is awesome came later that day, with a couple beautiful displays from my two favorite sets of parents.






By Easter I was doing a-ok, which allowed me to whip up a few little treats:

All of which were tossed in the trash by ingrate four-year-olds who hadn’t the palate for coconut.

It wouldn’t be Easter without a special shout-out to this Easter bunny, who apparently decided that this holiday was for relaxing:

What she’s trying to say is happy Easter.



























No comments:

Post a Comment