Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April Birthdays Bring Hometown Visits

Five months shy of my 30th, I have a bone to pick with birthdays in general. That said, I'm more than happy to help other people celebrate their increase in years. And this weekend, I did just that -- in ye old Washington State.


Since this little one was celebrating her very own 29th, I flew up to surprise her. And surprised she was, much as she tried to deny it.


 This one didn't seem to care one way or another.



To put the cherry on top the proverbial (birthday) cake, I got to spend some time with these fine fellas. One of them was celebrating his own birthday (the one who also appears to be threatening the photographer with deadly assault).  


Eating inordinant amounts of food.


And consoling children due to the heartaches of this life (putting away the Wii)


Apparently it worked.

And since I'm a party-pooper by nature, mom's homemade birthday cake was a health-fest, made from black beans, xylitol, and all my daughterly affection (which is low-cal as well).


As it turns out, the old Benton-Franklin is pretty nice this time of year


So I even stopped by my old neighborhood.


Mostly to avoid mom's homemade orange cake


Happy birthday, Mom and Chase!

Coming up next: Ricardo himself turns the old (and I stress old) Three-Five. Stay tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment