Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hollywood? WE Would.

After boring you with my intolerance for pain and my reckless display of self-pity over my last few posts, I'm ready to move on to subjects not pertaining to my spinal column.

Do you hear that, L4/L5? I forgive you. Just don't let it happen again (I BEG of you).

So, last weekend, RP and I decided to commemorate the fact that I could once again do something besides watch MadMen and lay in bed (not to say that activity isn't still one of my most prized) -- and spent the day up north.

We Prices tend to flock southward when we want an Orange County break, and we felt bad about our long-time neglect of LA. And that's what drove us to a morning hike in Hollywood (that along with a rare smog-free day in LA and a secret desire to run into reality TV stars).

One thing they never told me on 'The Hills' was that those particular hills offer quite a spectacular view:



And after wandering the trails aimlessly for a good 90 minutes, we actually made it to the Hollywood sign. We're very good at choosing the path less traveled by when confronted with two roads diverged, much to our detriment.


I'd like a word with Robert Frost.




Not to worry; my back held up like a champ -- as did this fine fellow:


And while we were in the area, we paid our respects to the Griffith Obsevatory, both to take in the views and to commemorate my young dreams of becoming an astrophysicist (sorry I gave up on that one, RP).






Luckily I was able to make my apologies to Albert in person.




LA, you're not so bad. We'll see you again soon.





















No comments:

Post a Comment