Friday, March 30, 2012

It's a .... PAIN!

No, I’m not pregnant, but YES, I’m still going to show you photos of the insides of my body (lucky you).

Remember last week when I PUBLICLY whiiinnned about being in mucho pain?

Well, turns out it wasn’t to win sympathy for my steadily weakening March Madness bracket (Baylor is right up there with “vertebrae” on my S%*& LIST).

That’s right, after four weeks of PAIN and agony at the Price household (it was hard for me, too), it turns out I’m the proud owner of a massively herniated L4-L5 disc.

Isn’t she a beauty?

Aside from plaguing my life for the last month, this little darling has also robbed me of my workout routine, drained my wallet, and depleted both my ability to sleep and to sit on anything softer than a 2x4.

She’s very much like a newborn (besides the sitting on soft surfaces thing).

Don’t cry for me, dear readers, for she is not long for this life (or at least not the part of her that’s decided to squat indefinitely on my sciatic nerve). Come Monday morning, she’ll meet her end, thanks to a skilled surgeon and the $4,000 I’m currently miserable enough to pay.

So long, L4-L5.

I never liked you anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment