Friday, March 16, 2012

Guess Who's 'Back?'

As referenced in my prior post, our “Price: Take 2” frivolities of anniversary weekend (and every weekend since) have been strongly tainted by one element – my vertebrae.

Suffice it to say that my low back has been a thorn in my side and put me on my last nerve – that nerve of course, being the sciatic (my new and ever-taunting arch nemesis).

And sadly, that means that RP is likely on his last nerve (his non-pinched, non-inflamed nerve, I might add). Poor RP not only wakes up every morning at about 6 am to me trying to get out bed and make it to the shower (which sounds a lot like “owie owie owie owie owie, grunt grunt grunt”) and more than not falls asleep to the sound of me involuntarily moaning or quietly sobbing.

My life is very much like a Victorian novel.

Still, my inability to sit/lay down and my extra time NOT spent working out has given me loads of free time. Sadly I’m generally on narcotic painkillers and muscle relaxants so I couldn’t begin to tell you what I do in those hours. With the way I’m currently walking I should be spending time shopping for orthopedic footwear, entertaining myself with trips to CVS, and showing up to Applebee’s for dinner at 4 pm.

RP’s not left out of this fun either. He gets first-hand evidence on a daily basis that I can no longer bend over to shave my legs, and often, when at home at night, I forgo pants in general to avoid the extra step of putting them on after changing out of my work clothes. Then there’s the emotional ups and downs of my newly forming drug regimen.

This week I get to test my claustrophobia with a field trip into an MRI machine, but until then, I can’t help but wonder who’s got the voodoo doll with needles stuck in the back and my name on it?

Everyone say a prayer for RP. And me, if you have extra time.

PS – In honor of the month, I’d like to publicly complain about this one; who has definitely become our very own MARCH HARE. Little does young Sadie Doe know that her peeing-on-the-couch escapades are about to change her household status from “beloved pet” to “food supply.”

So add one more prayer for the long-eared monster.

And the soft-hearted human who may leave me for her.







No comments:

Post a Comment