Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weekend Wonders

What’s sweet, thoughtful, and utterly adored by KP?

If you said RP, you’re correct! (Although we will also be accepting the answers “froyo” and “Justin Timberlake.”)

Why does RP deserve such fine praise?

Because he greatly pleased his mistress this weekend with his random acts of guilt-induced kindness.

You see, RP went to Mexico this weekend. And while I have mixed feelings about our South-of-the-border neighbor, to RP it’s cilantro-laced Mecca topped with chopped tomatillo. Not to mention there’s some great surf.

But, leaving his wifey at home for 27 hours gave RP a case of the feel-bads. That’s why he cleaned the house top to bottom Friday morning before work, and why he came home on Sunday afternoon with three bags full of groceries and shooed me into the living room to continue watching my TBS marathon of The Bodyguard (RIP Whitney).

RP even asked…wait for it… to use the food processor.

Behold, my personal chef:

He then presented me with a home-cooked meal of sockeye salmon in a lemon-brown sugar rub, garlic shrimp skewers, and a warm roasted pepper and eggplant salad.

I had no idea how awesome having a wife could be.




His benevolence continued Monday, when RP answered my year-long plea:


We went to Disneyland.


Consider this clam happy.






















No comments:

Post a Comment