Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine’s Day (Read: Spousal Avoidance Day)

I won’t lie; I haven’t always been a fan of ye old Valentine’s. The whole February the 14th thing seemed a bit silly – more or less a marketing ploy to stimulate the economy and covert operation geared toward making women fat and men feel guilty.

But now I’m married (so it’s okay to get fat and optimal for my husband to feel guilty).

Being Mrs. Price for (nearly!) a year, I’m embracing the pink and red holiday with anticipation. Unfortunately, my enthusiasm is about as contagious to RP as my PMS. Our conversation surrounding the impending day of romance have gone as follows:

KP: “What do you want for Valentine’s, my love?”
RP: “Oh. When is that, again?”

KP: “I was thinking we could go to Mamma D’s in Newport for Valentine’s, since it’s our favorite.”
RP: “Oh. When is that, again?”

KP: “Ooooh, those truffles would be delicious to make for Valentine’s Day!”
RP: “Oh. When is that, again?”

KP: “Maybe you could leave work a bit early on Valentine’s, so we could… you know…”
RP: “Oh! When is that, again?”

At least we’re clear that, in the Price household, Cupid is holding a firm 50% accuracy rate.

Bring on the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment