Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Saves the Marrieds


I don’t want to be dramatic, but I feel like a chubby, pink-cheeked angel has just shot an arrow through my chest cavity.

Thanks for stopping by, Cupid.

But I didn’t need a cherub (or a day of amorous cards and fattening chocolate) to determine the scads of reasons I dig being married to RP.

In the spirit of the day (and with sensitivity to your gag reflex), I’ll limit myself to 10.

10. I haven’t had to unclog a toilet since we wed.

9. He doesn’t get mad when I do completely impulsive things (like, for instance, set out to “kill time” and end up with a new Kors leather jacket).

8. He always understands my need for frozen yogurt. In fact, when he came home last week to find me in a rotten mood, he calmly suggested, “honey, why don’t you go get yourself some froyo? Here are your keys.”

7. Because of him, 98% of the time there’s a rabbit sleeping under my ottoman.

6. He solves problems. Like my taxes, my traffic “incidents,” and my teeth.

5. He always eats what I make, even when it’s far too healthy for his tastes.

4. He gave up a 2-week surf trip in Bali to backpack the Himalayas with me.

3. He’s buying me a house. Well, with the help of my paycheck.

2. He always finds me the perfect bite of his burger: no bun, lots of bacon and cheese.

1. I dig him; pure and simple.

Obviously, a man worthy of this praise needs celebration. Which is exactly what we did.

Price style.

It started with an elegant dinner for two - succulent Kraft mac & cheese and a flaky, rich Eat-Rite personal pizza.




It was then that the romance oozed unabashedly from us, as we exchanged tender notes of everlasting love:




And moved onto something even sweeter: blackberry topped, ricotta filled crepes (because there are a few things I DO care about).


And ended the night testing the awkwardness of self-portraits taken with a Canon Rebel DSLR.


Hope your Valentine's was perfectly sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment