Monday, January 9, 2012

My (Gay?) Apparel

I may not be Sarah Jessica Parker, but I like to think I do alright in the style department. And, beyond spending half my paycheck at Nordstrom Rack, I enjoy mixing things up, trying new trends, and more or less annoying the (boring) pants off RP.

Before I got married, I never knew men could have such opinions. I had no idea they preferred the sleek to the frilly, the tight to the bohemian, and more of less the skin to the cloth (guess I should have seen that one coming).

That said, RP has had some intriguing comments on more than a few of my favorite pieces:

Ankle boots: RP hates them in general, but his true nemesis is a pair of tan suede western-style booties that reside in my closet.

RP: “Are you going to work?”
KP: “Yeah, where else would I go?”
RP: “I don’t know... to herd cattle? Or fall in love with the son of a preacher man?”

Silk pleated pants:

RP: “Are those new?”
KP: “Yeah, I got a great deal on them. They’re Theory and I’ve been looking for some for a while and then I went---“
RP: “Were they having a sale because Michael Jackson died and took the style with him?”

Dolman Sleeves (in general):

RP: “That shirt is interesting.”
KP: “Interesting?”
RP: “Have you ever seen those guys who jump from planes and kind of sail down mountainsides? You kind of look like that.”

Black Ruffled Dress/Over-the-Knee Riding Boots

RP: "Those your new boots?"
KP: "Yes, I LOVE Pour la Victoire. Plus they're -- "
RP: "You could be in a Harry Potter movie."
KP: "Excuse me?"
RP: "You've got your ruffles and your riding boots. Such a cute little wizard."
KP: "Wizard?"
RP: "Or witch?"

Heaven help me (and my closet).

No comments:

Post a Comment