Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Love Those J-I-N-G-L-E Bells

The only complaint I have about spending Thanksgiving in Central America is this: I missed some primo Christmas decorating hours. Nonetheless, I tried not to waste much time upon our return to California.

RP seemed more inclined to please his obsessively weird wife than to get into the yuletide spirit, so he put up with me dragging him to the tree lot after work on Friday to select our first Tenenbaum (and then singing the coordinating song ad nauseum for several hours afterward).

Behold, our first Christmas tree (cue the German carols):

It should also be mentioned now, that I finished a second craft in the last few months: Introducing: my first Christmas wreath (apparently I only have talent for greenery).


While I've never wanted for ornaments, RP and I (read: I) began our own collection of ornaments this year, featuring a couple of our past months' destinations:


(Don't hate: there's only so much selection in Central America).


RP pulled out the big guns by getting us Saturday night tickets to Vivaldi's Four Seasons at the San Diego Symphony. On our way, we decided to remind ourselves that we don't live in beautiful La Jolla Cove. But delightfully, snowmen do this time of year:

(As a side note, I'm thankful Vivaldi didn't live in La Jolla Cove either -- as the Four Seasons might have been quite bland.)

And before our little musical treat, we had a little snack -- or a giant one -- at the Hash House. Sometimes, you're forced to ask yourself if your salad bowl is coming between you and your husband:

And/or why your wife won't put the camera down and let you eat, already.

No comments:

Post a Comment