Sunday, October 2, 2011

Price Family Expansion

As was illustrated in the events of last weekend, it's become apparent that I'm married to a tease.

I was skeptical when RP first suggested we pay a visit to the San Clemente animal shelter. I knew he loved dogs, but I also knew that he feared responsibility with terror that surpasses anything Hitchcock ever wrote.

Still, I held a hope in my little heart of hearts that RP was really taking me to the shelter in order to expand our little family.

As it turns out, there's very little sub-text when it comes to guys.

Even after I met Marley (I had big plans for a legal name change, lest acquaintances assume my only creative drive was cultivated from sappy Owen Wilson movies), RP's desire to remain an island of isolation didn't budge.


All of my moping about did little to sway his decision.

But fear not, readers, for RP realized that in my desperate plea for a puppy what I really needed was the addition of another living thing to our family.

That's when RP drove me to a nursery.



Meet Albert.

Plant and father are doing fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment