Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Color Me Crafty

Sometimes, usually between the hours of noon and five, I have the undeniable urge to be domestic--complete with visions of homemade petit fours and handmade Christmas stockings dancing through my head. While "Homemaker K" may last throughout the better part of my afternoon meetings, this feeling usually dissipates by the time I make it home at night. In fact, when RP walks through the door I’m usually watching Gossip Girl and eating cottage cheese in my gym clothes.

That said, now and then I find myself Michaels or Joann’s during the weekday lunch hour while creative inspiration still has me in its grasp.

Such was the case of the Halloween wreath.

I report the following not because it’s a marvelous work of festive brilliance, but because it represents something bigger than Halloween – the fact that I actually finished a creative project.

We’ll see now if the unfinished Christmas stockings currently lying on my coffee table will have the same fate. Wish me (and my fickle domestic side) luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment