Thursday, August 18, 2011

MWM/MWF Seeking...

I may be Mormon, but don’t get me wrong; I’m not buddying around with with the cast of Big Love and I think Warren Jeffs looks great in orange. And despite what you may see on Broadway, I, like my religion, condemn the act of polygamy.

….. ish.

Listen, I’m all about the one-and-only. RP is my soul mate/love of my life/little bunny.* But lately, I’ve been thinking…

RP and I need a wife.

Oh, I gave it the old college try. (BYU would be most appropriate in this case) During our first two months of marriage, I made our bed every day, ran every errand, bought every grocery item, had supper waiting when RP got home, made elaborate Sunday dinners and completely cleaned and laundered the contents of our house each week. I even stocked the fridge each night with lunch for RP’s next day.

But oh, how have the mighty fallen.

Now if the bed gets made, RP has done it (bless his heart). I dread doing the weekly cleaning/laundry routines each Saturday and have, on occasion, been known to completely refuse (RP did both the cleaning and laundry last Sunday, while I slept). My husband now fends for himself for his weekday lunches and, more often than not, eats a bowl of cereal for dinner. Occasionally we eat well; last night RP was sweet enough to have a dinner of turkey sausage and eggs waiting for me when I got home from Body Pump class.

Not to mention that the current contents of our refrigerator is now limited to yogurt, cottage cheese, bread, turkey, lite Havarti, milk and eggs – because I’ve lost interest in grocery shopping.

So, with my current list of things to do, purchases to return, dry-cleaning to take in, gifts to send, groceries to buy….. I can say that I’m not completely put-off by the whole polygamy thing.

Because having a wife sounds great (to the both of us).

Please, will someone marry us?

*RP still does not approve of this pet name.


2 comments:

  1. I actually had a "wife" once while I was in college and it was the greatest. I lived with my older brother, his wife and their 3 year old son. I took 18+ units, worked 15-20 hours/week, kept my room tidy and babysat my delightful nephew 1-2 evenings/week and one weekend/month. In exchange I received: laundry services, breakfast, packed lunches and dinners waiting in the fridge for whatever hour I made it home to eat. Oh, and a roof over my head. It was one of the greatest times of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaughn and I have been saying that for years. We still want a wife.

    ReplyDelete