Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Let the (Market) Games Begin

Last night, RP gave me perhaps the biggest compliment a husband can offer a wife.

He accused me of insider trading.

Sadly, his market-ingénue wife is in no position to trade inside (or outside really, for that matter).

Nonetheless, RP and I this week commenced…. (wait for it)……


The Amazing Price Challenge 2011 – Stock Market Edition


Today, two finance-friendly Prices independently invested 2k into this ever-steady market of ours.

What will follow is five months of perilous competition, a brutal race betwixt man and wife, circumventing the forces of market highs, lows, and payable dividends.

Don’t worry; I know about dividends. RP told me last night.

For me, this is a win-win situation. Not only do I stand the chance to whip RP at his own game, but now I’ll actually mean it when I frown and shake my head dejectedly as talk of the market comes up at business meetings.

So, let the record show:

RP with 122 shares of Bank of America and 36 shares of prologis (tickers BAC and PLD, respectively)

(I also know what a ticker is)

KP with 2 shares of Google, 1 share of Apple, and 47 shares of CoreLogic (GOOG, AAPL, CLGX)

Let the market and the closing bell of January 30th bring us a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment