Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just a Slice of Christmas

As made apparent in my previous posts, I'm 99 percent sure that I burned more calories this last Christmas Day than any other in my life (the uncertain 1 percent is due to a very fitness-obsessed 2009).

That said, I tried to enjoy a BIT of Christmas cheer before and after the 18-day trudge trek in Nepal. This year's cheer came in the form of pumpkin cheesecake and Christmas stollen, which, now that I've made it two years in a row, I can firmly call a tradition.  Froehliche Weinachten.


With a move and a trip to the third world, the Prices forwent a Christmas tree this year (just call me the Grinch), but I managed to set up my nativity for a grand week prior to our departure.

And upon our return, we decided to make up for the Dal Bhat (RP) and scrambled eggs and popcorn (me) we ate for Christmas dinner this year. So we made a turkey with all the (healthy) fixings. Roasting our first turkey together very nearly led to divorce, but we managed nonetheless. RP didn't even mind the low-carb stuffing or pureed cauliflower "mashers."



Now I have nothing left but a dreary 10 months to wait for the most wonderful time of the year to find it's way back to me again. And this year, I swear I'll make it count.


No comments:

Post a Comment