Friday, September 21, 2012

Hell Week Wrap-Up

They say that buying a first home as a couple is an exciting time.

I say it's complete and utter torture.

But maybe that's because our first home isn't exactly picket fences and dutch front doors -- it's more carports and on-site laundry.

That said, I'm pleased to announce that after eight (yes EIGHT) LONG months of trying to buy our little beach triplex, we FINALLY closed.

Walt Disney was right -- Dreams DO come true (at least for RP).

But I can't complain, since RP has promised that said investment will make me rich and with my phenomenal acting skills I'm almost positive I could keep it in the divorce.

Just kidding.

Here's RP happily signing his life away:


And me, at our post-closing dinner, after the xanax kicked in and the salsa/Diet Coke began flowing.

With the stress of the closing done, we relaxed. To the point that we were oblivious to the strategic escape of one long-eared member of the Price household. We woke this morning to find our house sans two long ears and one cotton tail. Luckily, Sadie's hunger for freedom doesn't compare with her hunger for vegetables, and RP found her basking blissfully in the tomato garden. RP hid his disappointment in finding her surprisingly well.

Luckily, the week is ending on a fantastic note -- as I snuck out of work to endulge my childhood fascination with space and drove to Disneyland to see the Endeavour make its final flight.



This excitement of seeing this beauty may only be surpassed when I get home to find THIS beauty waiting in the mail:


Hell week, you didn't turn out half-bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment