Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Weddings Bring California Prices

It's no great secret that the months of September through December are pretty much the only thing that gets me through the other eight. I'm a pretty big fan of Autumn. I love the changing light, the cooler air (in other parts of the country), the endless options for pumpkin desserts. I even love football season -- although it usually means I fall one more rung on RP's list of priorities (current standings: 1. football 2. surfing. 3. beach triplexes. 4. KP).

Just kidding. Mostly.

This week, I loved fall because I got to spend a bit of it in Utah. Since it'd been a good year since I'd visited the beehive state, I was due for some quality time with some of the world's greatest people. With RP's BFF (sorry, that was a lot of acronyms) getting married, I not only had a few extra hours sans husband to catch up with MY BFF, but I also got some much-needed catch-up time with some of my favorite Prices.

The weekend started with a six-mile run workout with my cute sis-in-law Jessica Saturday morning, wherein we realized that we liked chatting more than we liked running.

Then I got to head downtown for lunch with my bestie. The food at Blue Lemon was second to my long-anticipated meeting of little Miss Delilah -- who was as delightful as she was cute.





After lunch, RP and I were all about romance. Well, not our own. Nearly late for the wedding as-is, we stopped by WalMart to pick up some snacks and goodies to give the new couple a honeymoon basket. Wherein I realized why I don't go to Walmart:

WalMart Checker: "Someone's having a romantic night tonight!"
KP: "(laughs) Not us!"
WalMart Checker: "Your daughter?"
KP: "..........no............"

I'm not sure what's worse about this conversation -- the fact that I look old enough to have an adult daughter or the fact that she would obviously be the person to whom I'm giving honeymoon supplies. Maybe she just thought I was hoping to make the cast of Teen Moms.

After that harrowing experience, we made it to the wedding (and I was classy enough to leave my cane and dentures at home).

RP tried not to steal the show. But I can't say he succeeded:









After this kind of frivolity, luckily we were left to simply enjoy some family time -- and three (yes THREE) football games. What with BYU and USC bringing on the disappointment, I pled with the universe on behalf of the Eagles. Luckily, the Universe took pity, and now Philadelphia is 2-0 and RP has yet to kill himself.

We love you, Utah. Now if only you lived in California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment