Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Girl's Day (A/K/A I have no friends in Orange County)

Here's the thing about living in Orange County; you're perfectly situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, making it the idea locale. HOWEVER, traffic is so heinous you never see either.

This is problematic when the only friends you have live in one of the two places, and instead of making new friends after work, you prefer to lay on the couch watching reruns of Keeping Up With the Kardashians or reading about knights and dragons whilst simultaneously perusing sample sales online (I'm a remarkable multi-tasker).

But last weekend, I took a dive and drove to--wait for it--Burbank. Nothing against Burbank, but it has one major flaw -- it's even FURTHER than LA. Luckily my friend Julia made the trek with me, wherein after 2 hours in traffic we started to wonder how much we really liked our LA friends.

Not to worry; these fabulous chicas were easily worth the traffic time (and the lack of exits on the 405 north of the 10 when you've both had large diet cokes).

After seeing Erika's and Emily's rad new places (and texting RP to remind him that I hate our apartment), we had a girl's lunch in Hollywood, which would have been followed by shopping had we not had a two-hour trek home.

Now I understand why the pioneers didn't have more girls' shopping days.



Aside from some QT with old friends, I made a wonderful discovery; leaving RP alone for the day makes him uber productive. Not only did he bunny-proof the shed (ever noticed how you never get around to bunny-proofing?), but he even cleaned up the back patio AND got some work done. AND he only texted twice to see where I was.

Maybe I should leave him more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment