Saturday, November 19, 2011

Eat This, Hunger.











As previously discussed, RP and I will be fleeing the country next week.

That in mind, we didn't want those in our community to also (possibly) spend a Thanksgiving without turkey. That's why we joined my company this weekend at the Orange County Food Bank.


Because I've always tried to fight hunger. In fact, I fought it so hard when I was a teenager I was a size 16.

Now I usually just fight it with protein cleverly disguised as baked goods.


But this weekend, I brought the sweat of my brow to the fight. RP was a great sport, turning himself into an apple-juice hauling slave to a loud, middle-aged woman who screamed at him for a good 2 hours. His only complaint was quietly whispering to me,


"honey... that woman thinks I'm her B----"


As for me, I broke down boxes like they were rhymes (or my emotions during the third week of the month).

Later, we rememberd our emnity toward hunger and avoided it at all costs throughout the day - starting with popcorn (heavy on the butter) at the movies and ending with our fav Peruvian food (with Dippin' Dots and fro yo somewhere in the mix).


So long, hunger. Hello, Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment