Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jeepers, Creepers


Guess who said, “Look Ma, new eyes!” this week?

Well, not RP, because if he ever called me “Ma,” he’d be spending some loooong nights alone.

Nonetheless, my little Bunny* did get himself some LASIK this weekend, giving him 20/20 vision and a great excuse to wear some sick Jersey Shores sunglasses.

Patient Price was so brave that I took him for a treat directly after surgery. That’s when he learned the mathematical equation:

Xanax+FroYo = Heaven**




After returning home, RP was put to bed, where he stayed for roughly 23 hours. I killed time cleaning, baking, and reading about Japanese POWs, intermittently attending to my own POW (Prisoner of Whoa-you’re-boring), who slept through my offers of juice, ice cream, homemade bread, and any hint of intelligible conversation.

That, of course, meant that when Sunday came, I braved the miniature humans alone. Aside from two of them sobbing for a solid hour and a half, I’d say my lesson was a screaming success (in that I never broke into tears).

Welcome to wakefulness (and visual clarity), RP.



*RP does not endorse the use of this pet name.

**Mrs. Price has long been acquainted with this equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment