Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Couple of Couples for This Couple

RP/KR circa May 2009



Unless you’re a young California philly waiting to hear tell of RP’s matrimonial demise, you’ll be pleased to know that the Mr. and I celebrated a couple of months married this week. What’s more, this Thursday also marks two years since RP’s and my first date.

Ah, how far we’ve come since that fateful Italian dinner in Hillcrest. And after just two years, two breakups, one proposal (for me – several more for RP), two surgeries, five cumulative moves, one graduation, three job changes and one wedding, the young Price family seems to be doing a-ok.

In fact, aside from a few adjustments (RP attends a lot less church since he’s no longer scoping chicks and I surf a lot less now that I’m not allowed to accept dinner invitations from random men in the lineup), I’d say we’ve adjusted rather well to this little charade we call marriage.

And since I’ve already aired my dirty laundry regarding my marital peeves (one of them, ironically, being dirty laundry), I thought I’d put a positive spin on month #2:



  • RP made me breakfast on my first day of my new job. That consisted of mixing yogurt with cottage cheese and topping it with Fiber One, but I found it adorable. And delicious.


  • RP complimented me greatly one morning: “You’re the quietest sleeper in the world. It’s like you’re dead.”


  • RP demands that I start writing a book, which means he has far more confidence in Mrs. R-Price than I do.


  • My husband understands life’s necessities: like me having a gym membership near home and one near work.


  • RP always gets on board with my frequent, short-lived obsessions: like HBO miniseries’ and flaxseed meal.


  • I can now watch scary movies without fear of sleeping alone (but not WITHOUT fear that RP will jump out from a corner to startle me or stand eerily at the foot of the bed with a flashlight under his chin).


Here’s to a divorce-free year.

No comments:

Post a Comment